Saturday, 25 April 2009

the New Retro.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting pretty sick of the 80's being all up in my grill. I never thought I'd say it but it's time to move on kids. I know Summer's coming along and everyone's going for some sort of Easy Rider hippy look or that Wayferers waving American Apparel meets Miami Vice beach party vibe.

But summer? Psh! You know it's always damn cold in England (apologies to international readers) and you also know that we love to wear black and look miserable. At the moment it seems like everyone from skaters to minor indie musicians are dressing like very charming and sensible post-war teens. So I'm pretty sure that 40's nerd cool is the way to go.

Horn rimmed glasses have been cool again for a while now and Raybans Clubmans are the glasses to be seen in this summer (so I'm told). Technically I guess these are more Mad Men than anything else but I could see them in a 40's film so whatever.


And re: my last post (I know it was ages ago) on round glasses, check out these 1940's Parisian girls who most definately put Frederick Blood Royale to shame.


I hope this made sense. I've got out of the habit of blogging...on here at least. Have some more photos I pillaged from the net.





PS- Extra points for pretending to be some camera toting Russian retro punk.

1 comment: