Monday 21 April 2008

Shirt the bed!

T-shirts. Are they the greatest thing ever? Yes, I belive they are.

Since we've already discussed at length my love of the animal t-shirt, I think we should this week discuss the "Do's" and "Don'ts" of t-shirt wear.

First and foremost, the biggest don't is SLOGAN T-SHIRTS. You know the ones that say something really "funny", or a line from a song etc etc. Yeah, the ones that everyone was wearing a year ago. Don't, please don't, they were cool for about five minutes, last year, I am offended by anyone who still wears one. (Although I do still love "GET YER FREAK ON GILES DEACON")

Another don't, although there's a do in here somewhere... Band t-shirts. "Woah", I hear you cry, "Woah there Lois, I've seen you around, sporting a British Sea Power tour t-shirt!". Yeah, let me finish. You know that band t-shirt you bought from H&M? Yeah that Ramones/Stones one? DON'T. A lot of people I've seen wearing these high-street band shirts don't even like, or KNOW of the bands. By all means wear t-shirts of bands you adore (props for wearing ones with fuck-awesome designs too- band logos are a bit passée)

This don't brings me onto another don't, which is pre-faded patterns. This is my biggest don't, just no. Please, no no no no no. Silly faded logos and (my particular hate) "retro" cartoon characters are all over the shops and they make me weep. For everyone's sake, I am saying, right here, boycott them, for the good of my eyes. I mean for the good of mankind.

Ok, we've had enough negatives for one week, let me tell you some massive DO's, in the form of words and phrases followed by an excited exclamation mark...
Baggy t-shirts on girls! YES, WEAR THEM LIKE A DRESS PLEASE! Obscure bands! Animals! Ironic hair metal bands! (I could go on all night, but I think you are getting the picture, I am the Nathan Barley of t-shirts)


For reference, pretty much anything on here is cool www.threadless.com
If in doubt, ask Lois. Belive.

Next week, turn ups. I hope

No comments: